Assignment 3- Mootookakio'ssin Project

 

(Theme Indigenous Cultural Objects, Knowledge & The Colonial Museum)

I wanted to focus more so on the museum and cultural aspects of the project, really putting into perspective how one would feel to see their own life essentially locked up in front of them on display for the world to see. For this piece I created a short digital animation (a gif to put it simply). This art style was very easy for me because this is how I normally do my art, so it wasn’t so much of a challenge as some of the other projects I have done, however I had a fun time creating it and am happy I was able to share a piece in my own artstyle. 


Originally when creating this project I was a little stumped. I kept thinking how I could make something that would relate to this theme. So I looked up pictures from museums that held indigenous artifacts and it really helped me to realize and understand what the Mootookakio’ssin project was fighting for. These items are not just items, they are culture and tradition passed down from lineage to lineage, they are people’s familial remains put on display for others amusement, they are so much more than just an item or artifact. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1- Origin Stories

Assignment 2- Creative Acts of Survivance